Student Transport Program

I need assistance with Student Transport Program

Student Transport Program PDF File 189.4 KB
Student Transport Program MS Word File 71.5 KB

Applying Button

Icon for transport

Updated April 2012

What is it?

The Student Transport Program provides eligible primary, high school and college students with free travel on ACTION buses Monday to Friday during school terms.

Who is eligible?

Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card, Department of Veteran’s Affairs Gold Card holders.

To be eligible for free school bus travel, students must be aged between five and eighteen years, be ACT residents, hold a MyWay card and be:

  • Primary school students living outside a 1km radial distance of their school; or
  • High school, college, or CIT year 12 equivalent students living outside a two km radial distance of their campus;


  • Each student or their parent/guardian must hold a current Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs, showing the students name, for entitlement.

The residential address on the benefit card must be the same as that provided on the application.

How do I apply?

You must obtain a MyWay card prior to making an application to the Student Transport Program. MyWay cards can be ordered online or purchased from MyWay recharge agents, Canberra Connect Shopfronts and MyWay Centres. The MyWay card number must be included in your Student Transport Program application form.

Application forms and further information are available from your school, a Canberra Connect Shopfront or online at

Who runs it?

ACT Road Transport Authority, Justice and Community Safety Directorate


ACT Road Transport Authority
13-15 Challis Street
PO Box 582
Dickson ACT 2602
Ph: 13 22 81
Web: Rego ACT