AGL Staying Connected Program
Updated April 2012
What is it?
Staying Connected is AGL's National Hardship Program. It's available to residential customers who are experiencing temporary or long-term financial difficulties that make paying their gas and/or electricity bills difficult.
The program is designed to provide personalised assistance and support to help you get back on track with your energy bills.
The AGL Staying Connected team is trained to tailor assistance to individual needs and establish a personalised payment plan. Whilst actively participating in the Staying Connected program, your home will not be disconnected and there will be no further collection action on your account.
For your gas and / or electricity bills, AGL can provide you with information about:
- payment options, including regular payment plans and access to Centrelink's Centrepay facility;
- government concessions and assistance for which you may be eligible;
- free financial counselling services or other support services;
- energy efficiency advice.
Who is eligible?
Staying Connected is available to AGL's residential customers experiencing temporary or long-term financial difficulties and having trouble paying their gas and/or electricity bills for reasons including:
- loss of or change in income,
- serious illness, disability or death in the family,
- separation, divorce or other family crisis, or
- other personal reasons.
In these situations Staying Connected may be able to help.
How do I apply?
To see if you are eligible or for more information call AGL on 131 245 or visit AGL Staying Connected Program
Who runs it?
Ph: 131 245