ActewAGL Staying Connected Program – Electricity and Water
Updated April 2012
What is it?
ActewAGL knows some customers may have difficulty paying bills during times of financial hardship.
The Staying Connected program provides personalised support to help customers get back on track with electricity and water bills.
For your electricity and water bills, ActewAGL will:
- work with you to set up a flexible and affordable payment plan;
- stop further debt recovery action while you are on the program;
- make sure your electricity remains connected while you are on the program;
- ensure all relevant government concessions and rebates are applied to your account;
- keep in regular contact;
- provide tips on saving money by using less electricity and water; and
- connect you with other organisations that may be able to provide you with advice and support.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible you must be willing to agree to a personalised payment plan and to keep in regular contact. You must also have an outstanding ActewAGL account that can't be paid before your next bill for reasons which may include the following:
- loss of income;
- relationship breakdown;
- physical or mental illness;
- chronic illness of yourself or a family member;
- budget management issues associated with low income;
- business loss or failure; or
- an unforeseen drop in income or rise in necessary costs.
How do I apply?
To see if you are eligible or for more information call 1300 138 574 or visit ActewAGL Staying Connected Program
Who runs it?
Ph: 1300 138 574 (ActewAGL Staying Connected) or 13 14 93 (Customer Service)
Web: ActewAGL Staying Connected Program