ACT Regional Community Bus Service
Updated 28 February 2012
What is it?
The ACT’s Regional Community Services operate a flexible Regional Community Bus Service for ACT residents who are isolated due to a lack of other viable transport options.
The buses operate from Monday to Friday, generally within their own regional area. Pickup and set down points can be negotiated when making a booking.
Who is eligible?
People who may be eligible to use the service include:
- Seniors with mobility or confidence problems
- People living in nursing homes/retirement facilities
- People with a permanent or temporary disability
- People with health problems who cannot use regular ACTION bus services
- People who are eligible for Home and Community Care transport but cannot access them for various reasons e.g. cannot self transfer
- Carers accompanying a person described above
- Parents with young children who are socially isolated and lack transport options
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who lack support networks and have limited transport options
How do I apply?
To become a registered user of the community bus service you need to contact your local Regional Community Service (see below) to be assessed. The assessment process can be completed over the phone.
Who runs it?
Regional Community Services.
Belconnen Community Service
26 Chandler Street
Belconnen ACT 2616
Phone: (02) 6251 2100
Southside Community Services Inc
63 Boolimba Crescent
Narrabundah ACT 2604
Phone: (02) 6126 4723
Tuggeranong and Weston Creek contact
Weston ACT 2611
Woden Community Service Inc
26 Corinna Street
Woden ACT 2606
Phone: (02) 6260 5400
Gungahlin Regional Community Service
Gungahlin Market Place
Gungahlin ACT 2912
Phone: (02) 6228 9200
Northside Community Service
Majura Community Centre
Dickson ACT 2602
Phone: (02) 6247 5757