Updated October 2015
What is it?
Access Canberra is an integrated service provider connecting the ACT community with the ACT Government for information, payments and services.
Access Canberra is well known in the Canberra community for its face-to-face, phone and online operations.
Some of the services Access Canberra can help you with include:
- Paying ACT Government accounts including registrations, rates, pre-paid parking vouchers, infringements, public housing rent, permit fees and more.
- Transactions including vehicle transfers, MyWay card purchases and driver licence, proof of age card and seniors card applications.
- Connecting you to the right person to talk to in any ACT Government agency.
- Finding information about rebates and concessions, foot paths and bike paths, dog registration, waste and recycling, public holidays and daylight saving dates, parks, festivals and events and most other ACT Government services.
- Reporting problems like fallen trees, damaged paths, broken streetlights, faulty parking meters, lost and found dogs, injured wildlife, syringes and other issues of public safety or concern.
- Booking ACT Government services and facilities such as camp sites, vehicle inspections and driving tests.
- Changing your address with ACT Government agencies or requesting an extra wheelie bin.
- Planning an event, including public land use approvals and liquor permits.
- Building services including house, plumbing, drainage and gasfitting plans, development application lodgement and inspections, lease conveyancing and building depreciation information for tax purposes.
- Business, construction occupation and Working with Vulnerable People licences and approvals for gaming and racing activities.
- Land titles and births, deaths and marriages registrations and certificates
Who runs it?
The Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate