Updated 01 February 2019
As an incentive to save, participants receive up to $500 in matched savings when they complete the program which can be used for educational costs such as computers and tablets, text books and uniforms.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible to joinSaver Plusif you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have a child at school or attend vocational education yourself
- Have some regular income from work (you or your partner)
- Have a Centrelink Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- Receive an eligible Commonwealth social security benefit, allowance or payment (many Centrelink payments are eligible – contact your local Coordinator for more information)
- Have not received matched funds from Saver Plus before (you or your partner)
Once eligible participants sign up forSaver Plusthey:
- Identify a savings goal
- Make regular deposits over a 10 month period
- Attend MoneyMinded training to improce their financial skills
Upon completion of the program, ANZ matched the participants’ savings, dollar-for-dollar, up to $500, which can be spent on education expenses including computers, text books, uniforms, excursions, music and sports costs.
How do I apply?
For more information or to enquire about the program, visit https://www.bsl.org.au/services/money-matters/saver-plus/ or contact your local Saver Plus Coordinator on 0448 730 305 or CanberraSP@thesmithfamily.com.au
Who runs it?
Saver Plusis an initiative of the Brotherhood of St Laurence and ANZ, delivered in partnership with The Smith Family, Berry Street, The Benevolent Society and other local community agencies. The program is funded by ANZ and the Australian Government Department of Social Services. Go to www.dss.gov.au for more information.