Updated April 2012
What is it?
The Salvation Army Moneycare is a free and confidential financial counselling service.
The financial counsellors will:
- analyse and assess your financial situation,
- give you information about credit and debt issues,
- involve you in the process as much as possible,
- work with you to develop a plan to improve your situation,
- if appropriate, act as an advocate for you and negotiate with the people you owe money to,
- refer you to other assistance if necessary.
Please note that Moneycare does not lend money or provide material aid. If you need financial assistance, please contact a Salvation Army Community Services Centre near you.
Who is eligible?
This service is open to anyone having financial difficulties, for example, if you are:
- having difficulty paying debts,
- being harassed by creditors or debt collectors,
- facing legal action regarding your debts,
- dealing with car repossession,
- worried about being evicted from your home,
- having budgeting problems.
Who runs it?
The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army Moneycare Canberra
4 Hawdon Place
DICKSON ACT 2602
Ph: (02) 6247 3635
Web: The Salvation Army Moneycare Canberra
If you are not located near a Moneycare office we will try and help you by phone, mail, fax and/or email.