Centrelink Advance Payment

I need assistance with Centrelink Advance Payment

Centrelink Advance Payment PDF File 121.6 KB
Centrelink Advance Payment MS Word File 72.5 KB

Icon for Money

Updated April 2012

What is it?

A lump sum Advance Payment of your Social Security payment may be available if you need some money to help pay your expenses. You have to pay your Advance Payment back to Centrelink. It is not an extra payment.
The amount of the Advance Payment is limited by maximum and minimum amounts which are determined by the type and rate of payment you receive from Centrelink. Contact Centrelink to find out how much you can receive.

Who is eligible?

To be eligible for Advance Payment you must first be receiving one of the following payments:

  • Age Pension;
  • Disability Support Pension;
  • Widow Allowance;
  • Wife Pension;
  • Widow B Pension;
  • Carer Payment;
  • Parenting Payment (Partnered);
  • Parenting Payment (Single);
  • Newstart Allowance;
  • Youth Allowance;
  • Austudy Payment;
  • ABSTUDY; or
  • Family Tax Benefit Part A.

How do I apply?

Contact Centrelink to apply and to find out how much you can receive.

Who runs it?



To find your nearest Centrelink office see Centrelink Offices.
Ph: 13 2317
Disabilities, Sickness and Carers
Ph: 13 2717
Employment Services
Ph: 13 2850
Parent or Guardian
Ph: 13 6150
Ph: 13 2300
Youth and Student Services
Ph: 13 2490

Web site: Centrelink website