Supportive Tenancy Service

I need assistance with Supportive Tenancy Service

What is it?

Supportive Tenancy Service (STS) works with people whose tenancy is at risk (Tenancy Support) or who are facing barriers in establishing a private tenancy (Housing Options).

Tenancy Support

STS tenancy support workers will talk to you about your situation, exploring options and working out a plan. They can:

  • Make referrals for specialist legal or financial advice
  • Link you to other services
  • Advocate with property managers and other parties, and
  • Support you through the steps required to sustain your tenancy.

Tenancy Support covers any type of tenancy: public housing, private rental, and mortgage.

Housing Options

The STS housing options worker will work with you to explore your options and provide advice on how to secure a community housing or private rental tenancy.

Housing Options is for people who have the income and capacity to sustain a community or private rental.

STS is a partnership between Belconnen Community Service, Woden Community Service and YWCA Canberra. The ACT Government funds STS through the Community Services Directorate.

Referrals to Supportive Tenancy Service are through OneLink. Contact OneLink and an assessing officer will talk to you about your situation and the services available. They can provide information and make connections to support services, including Child, Youth and Family Support.

Getting in touch

Call: 1800 176 468 Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm

For more information see:

The ACT Government funds OneLink through the Community Services Directorate.