Pensioner Duty Concession Scheme
Updated September 2017
What is it?
The Pensioner Duty Concession Scheme (PDCS) is an ACT Government initiative administered by the ACT Revenue Office. The PDCS assists eligible pensioner home owners, to move to accommodation more suited to their needs (e.g. from a house to a townhouse) by reducing the duty payable on their new purchase of a residential home or residential vacant land.
An indication of the concession you may be eligible for is available by using the ACT Revenue Office website - Pensioner Duty Concession Calculator
Who is eligible?
A successful applicant under the PDCS must comply with various eligibility criteria including:
- The PDCS application must be lodged within the required time;
- Applicants must satisfy a current and previous property ownership test;
- The total value of the property must be less than the upper property value threshold amount;
- Applicants must meet residency requirements; and
- At the transaction date of the subject property at least one owner of the property being purchased must be an eligible pensioner.
For more detailed information, including current eligibility requirements and thresholds go to ACT Revenue Office website - Pensioner Duty Concession Scheme
How do I apply?
Application forms are available at ACT Revenue Office website Pensioner Duty Concession Scheme
ACT Revenue Office Contact Centre
Phone: (02) 6207 0028
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesdays 10:30am to 5:00pm