Home Buyer Concession Scheme
update June 2018
What is it?
The Home Buyer Concession Scheme (HBCS) is an ACT Government initiative administered by the ACT Revenue Office to assist persons in purchasing a new residential home or residential vacant land by charging duty at a concessional rate. The concession ceased for the purchase of an established property as of 1 September 2012.
An indication of the concession you may be eligible for is available by using the Home Buyer Concession Calculator
Who is eligible?
A successful applicant under the HBCS must comply with various eligibility criteria including:
- The HBCS application must be lodged within the required time;
- Applicants must satisfy a current and previous property ownership test;
- The total value of the property must be less than the upper property value threshold amount;
- The total gross income of all applicants must not exceed the relevant income threshold amount;
- Applicants must meet the residency requirements; and
- At the date of the transaction, applicants are required to be at least 18 years old.
For more detailed information, including current eligibility requirements and thresholds go to ACT Revenue Office website - Home Buyer Concession Scheme
How do I apply?
Application forms are available at ACT Revenue Office website - Home Buyer Concession Scheme
ACT Revenue Office Contact Centre
Phone: (02) 6207 0028
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesdays 10:30am to 5:00pm