What is it?
The Early Morning Centre is a warm, safe, respectful space providing essential services, support and community activities, focusing on individual needs.
Their mission is to address issues faced by people who are:
- experiencing homelessness,
- at risk of experiencing homelessness, or
- experiencing social isolation.
The Early Morning Centre is open each weekday, except public holidays, during the following times:
- Free breakfast: 7.30am - 8.30am
- Drop-in centre & support services: 9.00am - 2.00pm
Services provided include:
- Food & drink (breakfast, cuppas, light lunches, emergency food parcels)
- Facilities (toilets, showers, laundry, lockers, phone, mailbox, computers with internet access)
- Healthcare (doctor, dental referrals, optometrist, alcohol & drug counselling, vet)
- Support (accommodation support, referrals to other services, visiting services - OneLink, Street Law and Centrelink)
- Activities (arts & crafts, computer lessons, library corner)
- And more - they have a range of special events and activities, speak to the team to learn more.
Who is eligible?
Anyone in need may access this program.
How do I apply?
Drop in during opening hours.
Who runs it?
The centre operates under the banner of UnitingCare, the community services arm of the Uniting Church.
The Early Morning Centre
69 Northbourne Avenue
CANBERRA CITY ACT 2600
Ph: (02) 6247 5041
Fax: (02) 6249 8477